2017 USBC & Wells Fargo Chamber Microgrant
The U.S. Black Chambers, Inc. (USBC) is proud to partner with Wells Fargo to announce a special funding program for its Chamber Members. According to the recent 2015 USBC Policy Priorities Survey, the top two concerns for Black businesses in America are: Access to Capital, and Entrepreneur Training. The USBC & Wells Fargo partnership will provide $70,000 in a series of microgrants to USBC affiliated Chambers nationwide.
Application Due Date: Thursday June 1, 2017 (11:59PM EST)
- Must be an existing program targeted toward strengthening your small business members.
- Recipients must be willing to provide progress reports and present at a national or regional event describing the use of the funds and updates on the program.
- Must be a current dues-paying member of the USBC.
Note: If you are already receiving funding from Wells Fargo, you are still able to apply for this grant.
- TIER I: Funding Level $10,000 (4 available)
- TIER II: Funding Level $5,000 (1 available)
- TIER III: Funding Level $2,500 (10 available)
- The grant funding timeline is one full year.
- Grant recipients will be recognized during the 2017 USBC School of Chamber & Business Management Luncheon on Wednesday, June 14, 2017. Award winners must have a member present to receive the grant.
- The first half of the funds will be issued at the beginning of the grant cycle by July 2017
- A mid-year progress report accompanied with a presentation will be due by December 2017.
- The second half of funds will be issued by January, 2018 pending the submission and performance indicated in the midway progress report.
- Grant funding cycle ends and final report due - June, 2018
- Further details will be provided in the award letter.